Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lurking around the corner ...

     Where has the time gone?  I feel as though summer has slipped through my fingertips.  I look around me and ask, "What have you accomplished"?  I shrug to myself "nothing". The calendar is chanting 'school, school, school' in my ear.  The realization that time with my children is dwindling as we scurry about making the preparations.  I try to imagine what it will be like to say goodbye to my oldest daughter as she begins a new journey in college.  I can't even fathom it! 
      The start of school also sends signals darting at me as reminders that the annual craft fair I attend with my sister in VA  is just around the corner.  I decided to play for a bit today.  In order to transition slowly after spending months healing from surgeries I decided to start out small.  I remembered how loved the envelope gift card holder / treat bag was in previous years and decided to put a few together.  It felt amazing to craft ... my favorite country music playing in the background ... my mind escaping from its depths of stress.  Stamping is so therapeutic!

No comments: