Saturday, February 7, 2009

The One

A little over two years ago my mother moved from twenty miles away to just a few houses away. At the time, I didn't realize what a true blessing it would be. There is not a day that goes by that I do not talk to her or see her. She has become such a close friend and we share so much. She is such a strong person and I am finally beginning to understand my life and how I came to be the person that I.
The One
How can I thank "the one"
Who gave me life?
"The one" responsible
for my every breath?
For without "the one"
I would not know unconditional love.
I would not know tender hands
Or unselfish hearts.
Without "the one" I would not understand
The pains and joys captured in ones life.
I would not be able to give
Without receiving
"The one" molded me,
leaving enough softness to add shape
"The one" gave me strenth
to take my first step
Yet didn't let go when I chose to run
Rather than walk.
"The one" listened to my dreams
and wiped my tears with each setback
"The one" nurtured me, supported me and loved me.
THANK YOU MOM, FOR BEING "THE ONE"

No comments: