Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Friends Warmth ...










The warmth of a friend's presence brings joy to our hearts, sunlight to our souls, and pleasure to all of life...


How lucky I was to have my good friend Michelle visit me for some crafting time. My children were spending the day with my sister, so I decided to take advantage of a quiet house and enjoy some 'girl time'. About two hours into our crafting a car pulls in the driveway and it's my sister -my children wanted to come home! As much as I welcomed their arrival, I worried that my dear friend Michelle might want to take cover from the chaos and return to her quiet home (she and her husband do not have children). A house full of eight children did not scare her away. I felt truly blessed as she sat across the table from me sharing her creative talents and good conversation. Though she worked on some boy cards (that took my breath away!), I managed to toss together some small projects and a card purse (holds cards inside-yes, I finished those too but didn't take pictures). I leave you with a peaceful heart ... until next time :)

Who refreshes others will be refreshed. -Proverbs 11:25

These cute cards have a small cellophane bag with lollipops inside ... they are so cute!

<3 align="center">

4 comments:

Skraptacular Designs said...

I hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog but I noticed that you singed up to be a member of the next SBS group and that it's been several months since the moderator of that blog has been around to update the group status...SO...I wanted to invite you to become an active member of our SBS#26 group! We'd love to have you and share all our fun with you! If you'd like to jump on board with us, please feel free to e-mail me at misscill@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invitation to our private group site we have created.

Looking forward to becoming "sisters"!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Sarah said...

Samie these are just precious! I love each of them.

Marie said...

Hey Girl,
I'm so glad that you and Michelle had a fun day. Good friends like that are priceless. Love all of your creations...you are so talented. Can't wait to see you next month!
Hugs.

stampmonkey said...

I love your cute little cards/lollipop holders, Samie! You do very nice work, and after reading every post on this page (and not having time to comment on them all), I love your heart even more. You sound so sweet, and it's obvious that you cherish your sisters, but did you ever stop to think about what a blessing YOU must be as a sister to them?! ;)