Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Tags ... no more doggie days!



I woke up today with great optimism.  The house had an unusual warmth to it.  I sipped coffee in the solitude and thought about the past few days.  I found myself smiling.  Except for the incident with my dog (I still am trying to forgive her for the craft feast), I came to the realization that I have been very relaxed.  Having a short break from school allowed for some quality time with my children - how precious those times are.  I snuck into their rooms and found their jounals - small books that we leave notes to each other in and left them all a note at their place setting.  When they came down for breakfast and found their journals they broke out in these great big grins - all a mother needs!  After some holiday preparations, lots of silly singing and of course some candy canes ... I made a few bags of Holiday Tags for next weekends craft fair.  They are in sealed totes I might add!  I managed to also get a dozen Reindeer Food made and a few other goodies.  However - all are tucked away where my mischievous dog can not get to them!  Thanks for stopping by!  Off to blog world to see what you've all been up to!
Happy Crafting!
  Samantha

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I still feel bad for you about your dog incident!
LOVE your journal idea with the kiddos.
Love your tags too!!!

Val said...

Glad to hear you're chillin' some, little sister! I didn't get ANY actual burning done this weekend, but I have a few patterns picked out, wood sanded, and one pattern actually transferred. I need some of your crafting motivation!!

Marie said...

Wow, you have been very busy! Nice work, Girl! I hope the craft fairs go well and Izzy behaves :-). You are amazing with all that you do. Love ya!

* Shell B.* said...

Hey Samie, I would have put the pooch in the doggie house for what he did!

Glad that things have worked out and you had time to do more stuff for the craft fair.

Shell~Alaska
SBS28