Where does the time go? It's already September. The kids are back in school and the days feel shorter! Though we are being spoiled in Vermont with the summer weather we never got it is still important to keep sight of the upcoming Holidays! Yes .. the countdown to Christmas has begun. To kick off the MoJo, I joined a Holiday card swap on Sudsol. I just couldn't get a good picture of the card. This was my first card swap with other demonstrators and I was a bit nervous thought I was pleased with how it turned out!
CS and Ink: Whisper White and Bashful Blue
Stamp Set: Jolly Old Saint Nick (Holiday mini) and sentiment from Christmas Punch
Accessories: Two way glue, dazzling diamonds and Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon
On a personal note: 30 Days of Excellent in Every Way.
The challenge that originated with Dana Young-Bailey looks like this:As a mom, I know that I focus too much on all the wrong things my kids do and miss out on all the right things they do. I get frustrated with chores not done or with their disobediance. When I only see their sin, I miss out on the blessing that my children really are.
Genesis 1:31 says, "Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was excellent in every way." (NLT)
I love how that is worded, "excellent in every way". Our children are excellent in every way, in spite of how they act at times. They were made in Gods' image and he said his creation is excellent.
Do you think your kids are excellent? I know that there are many times that I don't see them as excellent.
I want you to join me in 30 Days of Excellent in Every Way in September.
1. Pray & ask God to show you ways in which your kids are excellent. If you are like me, you may have a child that is more difficult than others. This is the child that you need really need to focus on. Pray for that child & ask God to show you how that child is excellent.
2. Keep a journal if you like of what the Lord shows you about your kids. If you have a blog, blog about it & send me your link!
3. At least once a day, post an status on face book about how one of your children was excellent. Don't use their name if you don't want to, especially if they are on face book.
4. Invite your friends. Ask your mom friends to join us.
5. Use excellent words with your children. Tell them when you catch them doing something wonderful. Compliment them. Build them up with your positive, encouraging words!
So what do you think? Up for the challenge??