Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stampin Up wedding ...

        I've sat here all day frustrated and lacking a bit of confidence.  I was awed that an individual who I have never met before contacted me about whipping up some wedding invitations for her ... I mean, me? Really?  So I was told that she wanted flat invitations around a 3 1/2 x 7 1/2 with pink and purple.  I tried and tried to come up with something that I liked but to no avail.  I changed the invitation size to 4 x 8 in Ellegant Eggplant and pretty in pink.  Though the color combo is great ... for a baby shower or birthday card ...I just couldn't get it to work for these invitations.  I finally contacted the bride to be to please sit down with me and give me a 'vision' of what she has in mind!!  I was honest in explaining that I was having difficult coming up with a card that didn't look too 'feminine'.  We talked for a while and I learned a bit about her ... I got over the hurdle of making phone contact (yay for me - LOL).  She is a very sweet girl!  She is coming over this week with one of our mutual friends to look at colors, stamps and 'feel' the paper etc.  They asked I have a catalog ready!!  I think this is another +One for me ... stepping outside my comfort zone!  I have so much to learn!  I look forward to your comments and thank you for sharing my journey with me!
       Blessings,
            ~Samie

  

4 comments:

Kati said...

Very Very Cute! What a unique way to invite your friends and family to attend your wedding! I will share your link! I think it is really great!

Lynette said...

Wow Sam....what an opportunity! I love the one with the pink ribbon! DO NOT FEEL BASHFUL....You need to be more sure of yourself...just look at all you have accomplished this past year....a college degree, went to Stampin Up Convention in Utah, you are a self employed business woman...yes business...you run a business....plus take wonderful care of that beautiful family you have...I really can't say more...get your condidence girl!
Lynette

Lynette said...

opps...spelling error...CONFIDENCE...LOL

Kris Sobolik said...

Great project!
I have chosen you for the stylish blogger award, you can go to my blog to claim it.
www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com