Sunday, March 8, 2009

It doesn't have to be perfect ...




Here is a card I made for my mothers birthday today! I love my mom! Here is a canvas frame that I made withClose to My Heart products. I made this as a gift and had a picture in the frame in left corner but removed it in order to share the project and not the identity of those in the picture! I love the paper pack - That's Amore!


I can't remember how many times I have had to stop myself from correcting my child's backward s's or reminding them that a specific toy has a specific location. As the old saying goes ... hindsight is 20/20. I can't believe how many precious moments I have wasted worrying about how things should be instead of celebrating the way things are! At 40 years old I am studying for my bachelors degree and have some pretty tough deadlines to meet. And yes - I am anal about my grades. Something happened to me over the past couple of weeks though. And I realized that I don't have to have a hundred every single time I complete an assignment. So instead of spending my weekend stressing over homework and a clean house I spent quality time with my family and friends. I must admit I felt like a new person and the whole environment in home changed! I then decided that regardless of how I felt my "projects" compared to others in cyberspace I would share them anyway ... because they were made from the heart!

<3>

2 comments:

Juanita said...

I love them all, you did a great job!! my favorite is the canvas frame, what a great gift!

Marie said...

Nice work! I especially love the card for mom...I might have to lift it :-). I love your mom too!!!!
My wall hanging was made from a dollar store wall hanging that I covered. It almost feels like plywood? It was extremely smooth and extremely hard.