Sunday, March 1, 2009

Family


It has been a bit since I posted a blog. I have been feeling a little melancholy and really missing my siblings. Two of my sisters celebrated birthdays this week and as their special days came I was bombarded with memories of all that we have shared over the years. I thought of the many ways in which they helped mold the person that I am today. Though we are separated by miles, I am so very grateful to have them in my lives. I decided to spend the weekend creating memories with my own children. I had stacks of homework, daycare paperwork and piles of laundry nagging at me to give them my attention. Instead I drowned them with the sounds of laughter escaping my youngest daughter as I put a sticker on her tiny nose while "crafting" with her. I stuffed my school books in a desk drawer on the way out the door with my boys to chase down some games we could play. And as I sit here on Sunday night looking at the piles of laundry still waiting, the school books now on the countertop and the alarm set for 5am paperwork time I find myself smiling, my heart filled with a contentment that no A's or clean house could ever bring me!