Monday, February 22, 2010

A treasure

The first word that comes to mind when I think of my dear friend Michelle is treasure. I feel like I struck gold when i met her a little over a year ago.  She has the most generous heart and caring spirit, a person I would not hesitate to pour my heart out knowing that she is listening without judgement.  I am fortunate enough to not only have Michelle as a dear friend, but she is also my Stampin' Up Upline.  This past Saturday she held an appreciation afternoon at her home for her downline and her workshop hosts.  the afternoon was filled with laughter, food, games and prizes and some amazing Make and Takes. 
    With all that is going on with my mother's health and trying to care for her, my own family, work and go to school my heart has felt heavy and I often find myself alone and reaching for a hand to hold!  The Lord knew what He was doing when he gave me this gift of friendship for Michelle has been there to hold my hand without even knowing it.  I only wish that I pause and say Thank You more often!  I did manage to surprise her with a little Friendship frame in a hand stamped bag. 

Thanks for popping by!  I appreciate all of your comments!

7 comments:

Marie said...

I love your bag!!! Is that an SU stamp (the large flower/flourish)? It is soooo pretty. Kudos on the large order at your Mom and Me club. Love you!

Sarah said...

Soooo cute. LOVE the bag!

Lynette said...

You are so crafty and nice Samantha...Its going to be great being your Stampin Up Sista!

Lynette said...

oooops, hope you know your sista as the one with the dairy farm!
Lynette ! I have been following your blog for quite some time...I would love lessons on how to create my own some day when I have time! Enjoy the SNOW.....

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank Samantha for the very kind words she speaks of me within her blog. I'm very humbled and hope she realizes that I'm very blessed to have her as a friend and as my downline. Samantha is very creative and we enjoy seeing her show and tell projects at our meetings. There has been times when I've gone to her for advice as well. We have a great team for a Stampin' Up family! Inspire, Create & Share is what our Stampin' Up family is all about! Michelle

Lynette said...

I like the new look Samantha!

inkedx2 said...

Samantha ~ Love you new blog look. You have some great projects on here also.

Robbie