Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ever have a card that you just can't get right?


Today was just one of those "off" days.  I knew it the moment I rolled off the couch, tripped over my computer cord and landed on one of my cats who jumped up screeching and dashed to the table knocking over my morning coffee my husband had set there for me.  Why I didn't just turn around and jump back under the covers still baffles me!  It is now after 10 p.m. and I am finally settling down drained of all enthusiasm for card making.  I played and played with DSP and these treat cups but have not come up with anything that really satisfies me.  I am actually sharing a card that I made that I do not like at all.  I suppose after a good nights sleep (yeah right) that I will wake with a fresh attitude and perhaps be able to put together something that makes me grin and say "that is it!" 
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest! If you must-but never quit.

Life is queer, with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about

When he might of won if he'd stuck it out;

Stick to your task, though the pace seems slows-

You may succeed with one more blow.
Success is failure turned inside out-

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt-

And you may never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-

It's when things seem worse that YOU MUSN'T QUIT.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love those little heart treats in it! I would be happy with it. Sorry for your day Samie!

JustNeedling said...

I think the card looks good! What a day you have there! I'm sure I can relate.