Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stepping outside ...



The house was so quiet this afternoon.  My husband was in his usual spot in the house (his computer chair), my oldest daughter was shopping with a friend, my youngest daughter was gone to a sledding party and sleepover at one her classmates houses and my youngest son was spending the weekend with my sister.  It was just my 12 year old and I moving about the house.  After doing some paperwork and then settling down for some reading time (we are reading MAUS together) he begged for some PS3 time so I found myself weighing my options ... crack open a textbook and get a jump on the weeks homework, put the finishing touches on my year end paperwork, housework ...  as I sat there I kept looking at my Stamping supplies.  On a whim I decided to try to figure out how to stamp on a candle.  I had seen some candles on Booth #32 while blogging and voila ... my creations.  I love this technique.  What quick and easy gifts you could make for people.  Of course having great products (Vintage Vogue and Priceless stamp sets) win-win color combinations (Stampin' Up makes it so easy) how can you go wrong?!
    Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I agree...I'm thinking that first one would make work beautifully in a certain person's purple and green bedroom...
Beautiful!
Hugs,
Marie

Sarah said...

These are awesome!!! I loved Aaron's too!!