Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Guilty as .... CASE'd !!


I could feel my heart beating faster ... so much on my 'want to do' list and so little time.  I made a commitment to a card / post a day and here I was crunching time.  What to do?  Easy answer ... just case a card.  I became  a member of this group called Late Night Stampers and my inbox is filled with hundreds of ideas from some very talented women.  While browsing I saw a card made with four hearts punched out of the new DSP from SU.  Since I'm patiently awaiting for the arrival of my goodies I decided to take some Very Vanilla cardstock and stamp a background image.  I then used an old heart punch that I had collecting dust in the other room to punch out the hearts.  I believe her card used die cut leaves but again ... my supply cupboard was void of any such item so I just used the same stamp from Vintage Vogue and added some color in Old Olive around the hearts.  Then a Firestone brad in the center and a sentiment at the bottom with a strip of stamped paper and three colored gems I had in storage.  Voila ... a ten minute card and I could stop holding my breath because I wasn't disappointing myself!  Thanks for the inspiration LNS!
Enjoy and stop back soon!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Beautiful! I agree with Steele's reaction. But silly sister, you committed to posting once a WEEK not once a day (check back a few posts :-) ) Love ya lots.

Sarah said...

It is gorgeous!!!! What a great idea to use the hearts. Beautiful. Love the picture of you and your family.
Once daily posts are tough unless you have a backlog of projects to post...I decided to just go with the flow....much less stress.